Sunday, June 28, 2009

Rest Day / Why? 062809 Su

Cabana, 37lbs ago...


Why?

Why do you show up week in and week out?

Why do you continue to work hard when it's 100 degrees?

Why do you try a load you have never attempted before?

Why do you never complain about the posted workout?

Why do you embrace the unknown?

Why do you fight when you want to quit?

Let me put this another way....

What is it that has changed inside you to make you enjoy the sensation of self inflicted pain and misery?

Post thoughts to comments

5 comments:

  1. The Murph
    1 mile run 7:21
    100 pullups
    200 pushups
    300 squats
    1 mile run 9:25

    total time 1hr:15min

    this was a real bitch, pushups just killed me
    not much of a rest day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's the only way to get where I want to be.

    A few related quotes:
    "If it were easy, everyone would do it."
    "No Pain, No Gain"
    "If you want something you've never had before, you have to do something you've never done before"

    A balanced and sustainable nutrition plan is my main focus right now. That's where I believe I can make the most improvement relative to my health and fitness.

    I guess I should remember those quotes for that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cow Man! I was wanting to do that with you at some point. We'll, I guess now I've got a carrot to chase.
    You're gonna be a hurtin unit tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw that on CF Jax, I was thinking those guys must have better weather. You are sick, next time do it with the 20# weighted vest you animal. Now I have to do something today, the motivation is just too strong.

    --Clint, I won't be working out with you guys tomorrow, I have a funeral and a golf tournament. Guess which one I care about more. I have a sickness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Row 30 min

    ran out of time today to do my own rx workout. Did 10 min, 2477 meters.

    ReplyDelete