Monday, January 11, 2010

"The King" / Ignoramshit 011110


Just in time for Saturday's games, the 4th set of rings is up and ready

Warm Up

20 x Double unders
4 x 24" knee / box jump combo
24 x 35lb swings
4 x 24" box jump overs
16 x 53lb swings
4 x 24" Burpee Box Jump
8 x 70lb swings
20 x squat jumps with bar

Work
Back Squat (The King) strength ladder:
20 x 135
16 x 155
12 x 185
8 x 205
4 x 225
(Scale up or down as needed)
Immediately following each set of squats complete half the reps of 30" box jumps - followed quickly by clapping pushups (10-8-6-4-2 of each)

Then, with minimum rest, complete the following for time:
"Ignoramshit"
10 rounds for time of:
5 Ring Pull Ups
10 Burpees
This second part courtesy of Turbo J from CrossFit JAX

Extra
snatch practice

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11.1.10

    Trickle, 208, mod, 225 x 2, part 2 DNF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11.1.10

    Cabana

    part 1 as rx'd
    part 2 11:45

    good workout

    tonight was good night in the shop. Everyone was working together and the intensity was high. It seemed as if we were all there to push eachother to do our best. Walking out tonight with a hard earned sweat felt pretty good, but don't think I'm satisfied definitely think I could done better on part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11.1.10

    Just wait until Wednesday when we are running up and down a snow-packed hill dragging a kettlebell. You will be praying for a team member.

    ReplyDelete
  4. part 1 as rx'd
    part 2 12:30

    I agree with Cabana, mostly...
    It was a good workout and there was definitely something in the air. It's awesome when that happens, wonder if it can be replicated on purpose?
    on the other hand, walking out tonight with the feeling of a hard earned butt kicking felt pretty bad. and believe me, I'm pretty satisfied with my time on part 2. gave that thing all i had.
    I think I got ran over by a mack truck tonight, not for sure but I think I could make out "The Shop" on the personalized plate as I was peeling myself off the floor.

    ReplyDelete