Sunday, August 23, 2009

Why Crossfit? 082309 S

Patrick on Saturday - Another good use for your garage, and the rings...



Why Crossfit?

"The bottom line is that you should be doing this for yourself and that you are training for the greatest competition in the history of earth, that is, life. Life is a competition and you need to be prepared if you want to not only win or excel but to dominate and reign supreme. If you are training with us then you are willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish your goals. The same approach, if it hasn't already, should migrate to all of your endeavors whether they are work, school, or relationships. The more you do this type of training the easier it will be to attack other aspects of your life with the same ferocity required to dive into and finish a Crossfit workout. Work hard, relish your successes briefly, and then resume the pursuit of excellence."

Follow the link HERE for the entire text written nearly two years ago from the guys at CFJAX

Post any thoughts on the link or work completed to comments

3 comments:

  1. 2 Rounds:
    1 Mile Run- 6:13 & 6:17
    80 second cool down walk
    50 Pushups
    Only timed the miles & cooldown

    Last time I tried this, I went 6:43 & 6:54 in the miles. Pretty amazing I decreased my time and I am currently running less than I was when I tried this previously. Crossfit must be working!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 mile run for time:
    6:50

    I've got 0:50 to shave off that to get to my first goal in this area

    ReplyDelete
  3. Workout A was flawed. The time element was good, 1 min on, 1 min off, but it just did not feel like a great workout. Exhausting in ways, but the lack of weight and the chaos seemed to take away the essence. I will tweak that one and do it again with everybody starting at the same spot with a partner to help count.

    ReplyDelete